Foundations Archaeology was founded in 1995 as one of the new independent contract archaeology units which came into being after the introduction of Planning Policy Guidance note 16 in 1991. Two years later saw the incorporation of the business as Archaeological Management Services Ltd in 1997, although the company continues to trade as Foundations Archaeology.
Our membership includes around 50 archaeological practices, from small consultancies to the largest contractors from commercial companies.
- Impact of Covid-19 on Local Authority Archaeology Services
- Online conferences: Global Challenges, Sustainability and the Politics of Heritage and Pathways and Barriers to Climate Action through Heritage Research
- State of the Archaeological Market 2019
- Heritage Alliance Members' Covid and Advocacy Update
- QUEST COVID info and Support for FAME members