Notice and Agenda for FAME AGM
This is the notice to FAME members of the AGM
Please register for the AGM at this Eventbrite event https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fame-annual-general-meeting-tickets-62317938632
Notification of FAME 2019 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Barley Hall, 2 Coffee Yard, York, YO1 8AR on Thursday 20th June 2018 commencing at 5.30pm
- Register of approved voting members and declaration of quorum
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM
- Report from the Chair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Chief Executive’s Report
- Election of members of the Board of Directors
The following Directors have resigned:
- Tim Holden (Headland Archaeology)
- Colm Moloney (Rubicon Archaeology)
- Neil Holbrook (Cotswold Archaeology)
The following have been nominated for election
- Luke Craddock-Bennett (Headland Archaeology)
This leaves TWO positions of Director to be filled by nomination and confirmatory vote at the general meeting (see NOTE 3. below)
8. Special Resolution
The members of the Company who at the date of this resolution are entitled to attend and vote at general meetings of the Company, hereby unanimously resolve upon the following resolution:
THAT the existing articles of association be modified as follows:
The wording of Article 4 be amended
The Companys objects (Objects) are specifically restricted to the following:
a) To represent the interests of archaeological businesses in the United Kingdom
a) To represent the interests of archaeological businesses in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland
9. Items for information and discussion Member feedback
A presentation will be given by Dr Tim Evans of the Archaeology Data Service
Drinks and a buffet will be served after the meeting.
The renowned FAME social will continue afterwards, until late, at the Eagle and Child, 9 High Petergate.
1. Representation and voting at AGM
In accordance with sections 21 – 23 of our Articles of Association member organisations have one vote and shall nominate an authorised representative to vote. The authorised representative will normally be the primary named individual in the FAME records.
2. Members have a right to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in their stead under section 324 of the Companies Act 2006 and Article 19 of the FAME Articles of Association. Proxies must be notified to the Board ahead of the AGM, by letter/email signed by the authorised representative (to: [email protected]).
3. Members of the Board
During 2018/2019 three members of the board have resigned.
Written nominations, duly seconded and with the written consent of the nominee, must be received not less than 14 days before the date of the AGM – i.e. by noon on 7th June. Email evidence will be acceptable. Nominations should be sent to the Chair, Tim Malim: [email protected]
4. Subscriptions for 2019-20 are due immediately after the AGM. Prompt payment will be much appreciated. A small uplift of c 5% will be applied with details circulated separately.