FAME works with its members and society to enhance appreciation and understanding of the conservation of our cultural heritage, to help build stronger communities and so maintain a sustainable environment.
Through research, consultation, campaigns and relationship building we work to influence the policies of UK and local government and professional heritage practice throughout the UK and Ireland.
Through its advocacy activities FAME aims to:
- Extend its reach and influence as the Voice of Commercial Archaeology
- Enhance the market valuation of the contribution made to economic development and conservation by archaeologists and cultural heritage professionals
- Grow our reputation as a valued and trusted consultee
- Represent and promote the interests of members by leading debate with heritage organizations, government and the construction sector
- Become the authoritative source of information on technical development, business practice and regulatory compliance for the sector